Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Grey Tabby: Twenty-Two

The Girl in Grey came to to find that her mask, boots and gloves had been removed, her boots having been replaced with slippers, perhaps due to the glass on the floor of the derelict warehouse she was imprisoned in. With a groan, the intrepid crime-fighter rose to her feet and crossed to the window. She found herself looking out at a blazing shoreline. The Police were still stood down, then. She shook her head.

"Worried?" a thug walked into the place.
"Not listening," she told him. "I want to speak to the head man or no-one at all. If the Green Man hasn't killed him already, that is."
"Not at all, my dear." The Grey Tabby strode confidently into the room, flanked by a number of guards. "I'm afraid your boyfriend has missed the wood for the trees."

"Meaning," the Girl in Grey sighed, "that all this is just a cover for a much bigger crime. Or are you just going to steal a great deal of money and be dull?"
"Not at all." The Grey Tabby laughed. "My dear child, I am going to steal something very large. I am going to steal London. And no-one is going to be able to stop me."

"Isn't that a bit hard?" the Girl in Grey shook her head.

"Of course!" The Grey Tabby laughed. "The Crime of the century, my dear. I shall steal an entire city. And not even the Green Man can stop me."

No comments: