Monday, March 12, 2007

Crooks' Tours: Part Fifteen

"Of course, if you want to die," the Outsider shot down another man at random,2 you can keep attacking this city. In fact, you can be my guest, since I haven't had this many targets in years, but..."

Most of the mercenaries didn't stay for the end of the Outsider's monologue, instead deciding that discretion was the better part of valour and heading for the proverial tall timber. The Outsider finished off those who remained.

"Well done," the Green Man stepped out of the smoke. "Outsider, I think we can leave the main force to Sir Richard Arcos and the Lesser Pudding Yeomanry."

"Do we have to?" the Outsider sounded disappointed. "I was just getting warmed up!"

"I thought you might be," the Green Man led the way out of the city centre, past the carcasses of wrecked houses and public buildings. "But we're not retreating. We have a job to do."

"A job that involves killing people, I hope," the Outsider laughed, sliding a new arrow into her crossbow."

"And saving lives," the Green Man confirmed. "Lady Sylvia is still in the hands of the Grey Tabby, and he still has his nuclear missile."

"So it's off to the castle then?" the Outsider asked, her red eyes glowing gently.

"Where the bad guys live," the Green Man confirmed. "And I shall be awarding useful prizes to the person who takes down the most bad guys."

No comments: