Saturday, September 30, 2006

Merlin's Revenge: Part Three

"It seems," the Green Man told Ms. Madison over the 'phone, "that your curator friend was found pinned to the wall with an ancient British Javelin. He just had time to write 'Merl' on the wall before he expired."

"Which would have been Merlin," Ms. Madison smiled, despite the nastiness of what had happened. "Hey, do you think I'm getting good at this detective bit?"

"So long as it's obvious," the Green Man chuckled. "You are to meet me at Glastonbury the day after tomorrow. Pack country clothing and be prepared to stay in a country pub."

"While you lurk in the nearest derelict building?" The blonde laughed happily. "Okay, I'll take my tweeds and that walking stick with the telescope."

"And bring a gun." The Green Man added. "Even if this Merlin is a ghost..."

"I'll pack my silver bullets," she shook her head.

11 comments:

Vile Blasphemer said...

This is really... something.

The Green Man said...

Like I said. The Green Man knows far more than you could ever imagine...

The Green Man said...

Of course, my dear Blasphemer, I recommend that you avoid my own dear settlement of Little Pudding. You might be forced to join the rationalists' club, sole member old Gummy, an unpleasant and odiferous creature.

Anonymous said...

I am the fiddler... I play by night. I influence the lives of ordinary people. And sometimes I drive them to murder - bwah hahahah!

Anonymous said...

Will Ms. Madison and Mr Rake ever tie the knot? Or will her work for the Green Man cost her true love?

The Girl in Grey said...

Well, I'd like it if Ms Madison and Mr. Rake married. But I'm not holding my breath.

The Green Man said...

Ladies.

The Girl in Grey said...

Sorry, was I being catty?

The Girl in Grey said...

It's the outfit. Don't worry about me. Too much.

Zack said...

He could have been trying to write "pass me RL", and just left out the word "pass" and the space between the other two, and forgotten to caplitalize "RL". Or he could have been referring to the Museum of English Rural Life in shorthand. A good detective- pah. You don't consider the possibilities. What if he was trying to write a backward 'h' and you two mistook it for 'rl'? What if the M was a sideways '3'?

Anonymous said...

Come on, I thought I was good!