Friday, June 15, 2007

Revolution! Part Ten

By the time Andrea reached the Savoy, Ms. Madison was waiting for her in the reception area, neatly dressed, not a trace of the events of the night before about her. The porter watched her, smiling. He knew the girl very well, as she seemed to actually live at the hotel, barring holidays. His smile widened at the sight of the lovely redhead.

"Hi," Ms. Madison smiled, "Long time no-see."

"After that crazy business with the Order of Cain," Andrea shook her head. "I've been acting as troubleshooter for the Green Man in far-off corners of the globe since then. You?"

"Same old job," Ms. Madison laughed, "and I've been breaking in a new agent, too. Has the Green Man filled you in?"
"Some mad commies wanting to overthrow the state?" Andrea laughed. "I guess it's an easy job."

"Then you guess wrong," Ms. Madison shook her head. "Last night I saw their leader. And I don't think that he's just a deluded Communist. I sensed evil there," Ms. Madison trembled. "And you know I know evil, Andrea - I've worked too long with the Green Man."

"So we're fighting against some unknown evil force?" Andrea shook her head. "I'll believe that when I see it."

"But obey me until then," Ms. Madison shook her head. "Believe me, that man was evil. He had a control over those fanatics. And he promised the destruction of London." She looked out over London, shaking her head.

No comments: