Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Terror: Part Five

The Green Man followed the wild-looking girl through the thick jungle. Even without his gun, the Green Man was not afraid. After all, he would have beated the letter on his own. The man looked up at the Green Man, confusion on his face.

"If you don't mind my asking," he spoke softly, "who the hell are you?"

"I am the Green Man," he spoke swiftly. "You?"

"Paul Trevelyan," the man replied, "agent with the National Parks Service of South Africa - at least that's what my passport says."

"I do not have a passport," the Green Man replied grimly. "Why are you here?"

"The mysterious disappearances," the man replied. "I tried to shoot that leopard, but..."

"I know," the Green Man smiled. "something plucked the gun from your hand. It must have something to do with the things that have been going on."

"You right," the girl spoke, looking back. "Is terror. The Terror hurt my people. You stop it."

"That's what I do," the Green Man smiled. "Just show me the way."

They paused, close to the falls, while the girl let out a wild cry. At once, they were surrounded by armed African warriors.

"Take them to place where Terror is," the girl commanded them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Passport or no, the Green Man should have a driver's license to set a good example of abiding the law. The only question is whether he is photographed with or without a mask.