Friday, May 09, 2008

Blasted Past: Part Twenty

Falcondale mansion, located just outside Lampeter, is one of the most relaxing hotels in Ceredigion. Built by the philanthropic Harford family, they enjoyed the house and its grounds for just under a century, before the estate was broken up, and the house sold. For some years it was an old people's home, although it has now become a hotel, noted for its civilised surroundings. Not that the man in one of the rooms overlooking the lawns was relaxing, as a snarling Sparrowhawk kicked him about the room.

"You're going to tell me why you snatched me," she told him brutally, "so why don't you just spare yourself any more pain and cough up now. Of course, if you want me to rearrange your face, then I'm delighted to do it, after what you creeps did to me!"

The man gasped, as he was knocked against the chest of drawers. Sparrowhawk waited for him to get up before she kicked him again, this time in the face. The man spat blood, as his lip split.

"Feeling more talkative, jerk-face?" she laughed, moving closer to him. "'Cause I can keep this up all night. And you won't like it. "That I can promise."

The man shook his head, an action which earned him a straight left to the jaw from the lady in leather. She laughed, as his blearly eyes looked up at her, before bringing up a knee into a sensitive area.

"Word of warning, pal," she sighed, "I've just woken from a ten-year semi-coma. That means I've got a lot of catching up to do. Especially when it comes to thumping people. Don't expect this to get any easier. And don't expect to pass out at any time, 'cause I know what I'm doing."

"All right!" the man wailed, "I'll tell, just don't hit me any more! I was hired by some scientist guy in the town. I helped him get the blonde kid into a car, that's all I know, I swear it!"

"Didn't your mother tell you not to swear?" Sparrowhawk smiled, before knocking the man out with a high-kick.
"Well done, Sparrowhawk," the Green Man stepped into the room. "But did you not promise not to hit him?"
"When?" Sparrowhawk smiled cutely. "He asked me not to hit him. I never replied. Now, where do we go from here?"

No comments: